Butterfly

Butterfly
Butterfly

Friday, September 7, 2012

THE CHILD’S MIND WANDERS





You say that you love me.
You said you will always take care of me.
You tell them I am your pride and joy.
You say that you will do anything to give me the world.
Why won't you take me outside?
Why won't you let me have any friends?
Why am I not in school like all the other children.
Mommy I am hungry, why don't you give me something to eat?
Why do you continue to endure this pain on me?
What did I ever do to deserve the things that you do to me?
Why do you let him keep on hurting?
Why do you allow him to beat you?
Why must I pay for your mistakes?
I never asked to be born.
It was your blessing from up above.
Why didn't you thank him for the life that he has given you?
When I was born, you said you loved me and give me the world.
I always wonder where things went wrong.
I loved you with all my heart, and now we're far apart.
Now you sit there crying.
While I'm in here dying.
You say everything will be alright.....too late...I am losing my sight.
Mommy what's wrong? Are you crying because I am gone?
Inspired for the many that have gone.  Inspired by the many that ACS had failed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment