Butterfly

Butterfly
Butterfly

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Proud to be me


As a child you never know or never even bother to think of how you want your life to be.   You live life running free without a clue in mind.  Then you hit that certain age when you start to realize that you are growing and you think what do I wanna be.  But then you wanna be this and that! Now you' can't make up your mind! OK! so like yea when I was maybe like 15; I wanted to be a teacher.  But then I realized, the pay wasn't for me and certainly working with a whole bunch of disrespectful teens would put me in jail.  Nah son! By 17; I wanted to be a cop.  I believed I would be one of dique NY's finest! Passed the police exam, entered the academy and punked out after seeing a police officer get shot first day on the job.  Besides after certain incidents that occurred in my life with police involvement I began to dislike them and how could I become something that I dislike.  Shit teenagers can be so indecisive. Oh wait! I was one of those! LML.

So then there was a commercial I saw one day that went like this http://youtu.be/tDfsr1vvqy4 and then there was this acronym that Walton Ave knew; it was called something like BCW...oh wait...it was BCW.  So yeah that's what made me decide I wanted to do something in that field of Social Work!  So I decided to finish my last year of HS.

Then I tried getting into John Jay College and was accepted but unfortunately parents couldn't afford it and financial aid wasn't approved cause big daddy worked for the City! Shit! So I decided to just enjoy my youth until I figured out what to do.  But my determination never stopped...it was just put on pause.   So after enjoying my life and having my beautiful daughter, it was time to turn life back around and show my child that I could become who I wanted to be while still caring for her.  So I applied back to college, got approved for financial aid and went to College! So did my daughter cause she graduated from John Jay College pre-school.  Yea they have child care at the school.  We thought it was pretty cool that both were going to the same school.

So I finally got my B.S in Forensic Psychology in February of 2005 exactly a week after I gave birth to my beautiful baby boy! So yea like my parents say I earned two diploma's that year..LML!  Afterwards I took a couple of BS jobs cause there was a freeze on hiring CPS due to the death of Nixmary Brown.   But I patiently waited and here I am.  I remember when I got the phone call like it was yesterday.

I received the call at work.  My supervisor had picked up the phone and said "ACS is on the phone for you, wtf did you do?"  hahahaha! My response "applied for a CPS position".  Her eyes popped out her socket as well as got teary eyed cause she was happy and proud of me as she knew that this was what I have been yearning to do for a while.  And to them haters there that didn't believe that I would get in and would say ACS will never hire you.  I'm still here bitches and yea My salary is bigger than yours! (oops...)

I have been through so much experiences, trials and tribulations in my life.  And I can YELL AND SAY I AM A SURVIVOR! But I believe that everything in my life happened for a reason.  All that I experienced and encounter is what build my character and made me a stronger and more positive person.  I am grateful for all my experiences good and bad.  Everything is a lesson learned.  I may not be perfect but I am proud to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment