Butterfly

Butterfly
Butterfly

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Walton Memories 101



I grew up in this block called Walton Avenue, where everybody knew everybody.  Summer time was the best times in Walton.  I remember living on the first floor and I barely used the door to leave the house cause I was always jumping out the window.  My best friends in the block was this chick called Alice aka "Weehee" and Anganee if I am spelling it right.  But you could always catch me out in front of the building with "Mari", "Barbie" "Bonita" and Wally.  We were like the good girls of the block who were always getting into trouble.  Come to think of it.. I think I fought with more boys than I did girls...LMAO....that's cause I was the tomboy of the crew. Really thinking about it, I think I fought the most out of the crew and that's cause I was the shortest and the quietest that nikkas thought they could pick on me and get away with it.  HA! But it was the shortest that had the last laugh!  

Do you know that the best times in life are the most embarrassing ones that you can look back and laugh about it.  Like the times when out moms would yell our names out the window to go to the bodega!  Dinner time was the bomb...especially when Lucy would cook (Lucy is the grandma of the block).  Latinos always got the grandma of the block.  Come to think about it...we had everything in that block.  Beginning with the corner of the block....901 "The outcast"...where the store owners lived and where all the most depressing people lived...cause they was always talking about how their boyfriend/girlfriend left them and how they wanted to end their lives....That building needed a prescription of prozac!  Than we have 911...."The Bullies"...Most of the trouble makers lived in that building, which most were the all talk but no action and always had to be jumping somebody instead having a fair clean fight....I believe Emmit knows what I mean.  Than we had 923-"The Bipolar" building...this is the building where everybody believed they was family...we would walk into each others apartment like we were part of the family..."knock knock...who is it?...me....open the door...smh...that's how we rolled.  But than the next day...we was fighting like siblings and shit...LMAO...and the next day...it was forgive and forget, back to being friends again.  That is where the best memories began.  Than we have 955 aka..."The drug den"....this where we believe that all of the drugs were being sold from...the building that had the most bullet holes...cause there was always a shoot out.  Last but not least...we had 975...the biggest building in the block...That was the trick or treat building....cause the only time we stepped in there was on Halloween cause thats where we got the most candies.

So we had some very famous people in our block...but I am saving that for the next blog....getting late heading to bed.


TO BE CONTINUED!!



No comments:

Post a Comment